Last Thursday was one of my favourites days of the month -
Seven Hills Womens Institute day! It was a brilliant meeting with a Pampered Chef Party but best of all...........a bake tasting!!! More on that to come at a later date. Todays blog is about a box of goodies given to me by my lovely friend! The box itself is a vintage gem and I am sure I will find a use for it:
I opened it up and inside was an absolute treasure trove of patterns - knitting, sewing and even wordwork for the Mr!
There were some brilliant Knitting patterns, some to definately put on the pile to make for Bubs when he/she gets bigger. Love this bobble hat!
And if Bubs is a girl, what more could dhe want than a dress with rabbits on?
And one for me this Winter, love a good cap:
There were a few magazines and supliments with brilliant front covers, adverts and articles. I absolutely love this 'Womens Mirror' front cover from the 1960s, who wouldn't:
There were some brilliant sewing patterns too, including these 1970s stunners including a jump suit, knee length skirt and super bell sleeved mini dress!
And not forgetting the man of the house, I can just imagine the Mr in this:
And again, while the lady of the house is knitting or sewing away, heres something to keep the man occupied, build some furniture! Here is a pattern and instructions for this drinks cabinet/storage unit:
And to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what this is!
And not only did she bring me a box of vintage treasures for me to rummage through, a present for Bubs! A full set of Animals of Farthing Wood books!! This was one of my favourite TV programs when I was little, but its ok, she's checked, nothing grim happens in them!
So thank you very much Mrs Hague!
No comments:
Post a Comment