Friday, 15 June 2012

Hooray for Horrockses (again!) and new stock

Well, sometimes, the strangest of things can really make a difference to a crappy crappy day.  Wednesday was one of those crappy crappy days.  I'll just fill you in on a bit of back story first - I love Horrockses! I have LOVED Horrockses for a good long time!  Here is a blog I wrote way back in September 2010, showing my collection of Horrockses dresses from the 50s (sadly one was sacrificed to ebay so the blue stripey one now has a new home, but the rest are still with me) for Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair.  Check out the picture of Misty and Harry as kittens helping me piece the downloadable Horrockses pattern, to be fair, Misty isn't much bigger now!

So I follow them, visited their stores at Vintage at Goodwood and Vintage at Southbank and entered competitions, lots of competitions!  I am not the luckiest when it comes to these so when I had an email saying i'd won a silk Jubilee cushion I was a bit dubious, but lo and behold, waiting for me at home on Wednesday was my very own, very beautiful Horrockses silk cushion:

Horrockses Silk Jubille Cushion - Featuring my favourite - lovely fifties Queenie!

In Situ on my Original 1960s armchair

It even came with a letter and a Horrockses Carrier Bag!

Misty then decided to check it out, think she was impressed!

And on to some new stock, I took this lot through last week to the unit, a bit of a range of goodies but here you go.  I did find it hard to take this in and part with it to be honest, amazing 65 piece original 65 piece picnic set.  I think it was probably a set for a campervan as it has everything - salt and pepper pots, place matts and even a butter dish!
Amazing 65 piece original 1960s picnic Set

Includes salad bowl, salt and pepper pots even placemats!
 I have been searching for a suitable basket for a while and found this beautiful vintage sturdy wicker one, big enough and beautiful leather straps:


In Situ at the Nichols
Perfect for any summer party - an original 1960s punch bowl! Never used, still with its cardboard packaging and all the hooks for the cups:


I shall be at the Nichols all being well on Sunday for the First Birthday Party! So if you are around, do pop down.

No comments:

Post a Comment