I have a beautiful original mid 70s Ercol Windsor suite that I am slowly but surely getting ready for sale. I know its mid 70s as the couple I acquired it from bought it for their first house when they got married and it had lovingly been part of their family since. However after downsizing they just no longer needed it and it was in need of some tlc. It' made up of a three seater sofa, two arm chairs and a footstool.
This weekend I have been rewebbing the chair and footstool as before I've even had chance to get them to the
Nichols Building, they've sold! Their new owner wants to get it recovered herself at a later date so I cleaned it up, fixed it up and delivered it.
 |
| Lovely new sturdy webbing |
 |
| In situ in it's new home, waiting to be recovered. If it had all been in the fabric on the foot stool I would have been very tempted to keep it! |
My plans for the remaining chair and sofa are so far not fixed. However, I have some amazing Sanderson Dandelion Clocks fabric so I may recover the seat pads for the chair in this:
I found these in a different colourway but thought they look amazing. They should then be heading to the
Nichols to find a new home! I shall keep you updated!
No comments:
Post a Comment